Joseph Lopez LLP
Joseph Lopez, Managing Partner at Joseph Lopez LLP, specialises in commercial international arbitration, commodities, corporate transactions, construction litigation, arbitration and adjudication, negotiation and risk management. In his 25 years of practice, he has represented a diverse range of corporations in the Singapore Courts, conducting commercial and corporate litigation, and has acted for various high profile individuals in property transactions.
Since 1998, he has been heavily involved in commercial arbitration with emphasis on energy and has represented a few of the top-tier mining companies in Indonesia, India, China, Chile and the Philippines in large arbitration disputes. In the High Court, he has acted for clients in the fields of litigation-arbitration, civil and commercial construction and banking and finance, and has also made a number of appearances in the highest court of Singapore, the Court of Appeal.
Prior to setting up Joseph Lopez & Co in 2001, Joseph spent eight years as a partner in a boutique law firm and previously worked as an associate in a sizeable law firm in Singapore. He has also lent his time and skills to undergraduates as a Lecturer of Laws at a private law college in Singapore from 1990 to 1993.Professional Qualifications and Admissions:
- Admitted as a Barrister of the Honourable Society of Middle Temple, London in November 1989
- Admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore in February 1991
- Admitted as a barrister of the Supreme Court of Australia (Australian Capital Territory) in 1991
- Mediator since October 1996
- Commissioner For Oaths since 2001
- Notary Public since 2007
- LL.B. (Hons) University of London – London School of Economics